Thúy Nga Forum

Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga Products >> Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback! - 6/28/2013 9:58:46 PM   
Boy_tahn

After having many chances to listen to the album- Sunrise, by Anh Minh & Thuy Nga Pro, for the last two days, I finally be able to give it some feedback. Unlike her previous album Take Control, this album is not just beats and noise, there songs are more focused on the lyric part this time. It's not mature pop thought which is good thing, especially when it's considered to be her freshman album (with Thuy Nga audience of course). It opens with the song 'Sunrise' which is perfect, since it's represent the opening of a day, a time. Sunrise is very clean, power pop, teeny pop I'd say. It's a cute song which took us back to the very beginning of every relationship when it was still very sweet and gentle, until it'd get worse. Although Sunrise was the first track, that doesn't mean this was one of those cheesy 'i'm so love' kinda album, which was very good thing 'cause no audience in that type of music. As the second track started, the relationship got rougher- 'Khi Nguoi Yeu Lua Doi', beat and lyric both got much more mature compared to 'Sunrise'. It's one of those song to represent your situation at time. 'Mo', track number 3, is another dance pop, it's talking about a not very happy relationship in a happy mood. If the second track was the anger of having a cheating boyfriend, the third track 'mo' is about how much you were over that person and not hating him anymore. Track 4, Tinh Yeu Vun Vo, first ballad of the album, it's very modern r&p pop, it's very Ryan Tedder- Halo, Already Gone, Bleeding Love,... Anh Minh's voice is a perfect fit for this type of song... youthful, and even it's clearer than other girls like Ho Ngoc Ha, which allow audience to enjoy the lyric better. Doi Tra was supposed to be my least favorite track, although after listening to it many times it's not that bad, now I only see it as an interlude. Breaking Away is another most favorite track of mine from this album, it's another Ryan Tedder ish song, it also kinda remind me a little bit of Britney's "He's About to Loose Me" and a little bit of Bao Han's stuff. It's a type of cheesy pop that doesn't seem to be strong at first but you can listen to it over and over again, and never get old. 'Em Dang Ngu Yen' is a much stronger ballad, if anybody was looking for a ballad in this album, you'd love this track. I personally thought she could have sung this on Paris By Night, even after I listened to the preview clip for the first time, I thought this track could be a hit. Remember Me is another r&b pop track... different than most 'teen pop' on the market right now, Anh Minh got a the ability to give it more power in her vocal yet able to stay youthful at the same time, therefore her track the lyric get darker and deeper, not forget to mention she got the ability to pronounce both Vietnamese and English properly too. She can jump from Vietnamese to English in between line and not to mix up the pronunciation. Bat Dau Mot Ket Thuc, Buoc Cung Thoi Gian, as seen in Paris By Night those were not bad, although I enjoyed Buoc Cung Thoi Gian this time around much more than when I saw on PBN. Bat Dau, I assume it was supposed to be her PBN debut, but then they chose Bat Dau Mot Ket Thuc, which was much more mature and stronger. In my opinion Bat Dau is alright, not that specially but it's nice track to end the album, yes the album end at 'Bac Dau' according to me 'cause consider to me most remix track are just bonus track. Anyway, another reason I like Bac Dau as the end track 'cause it's like watching a long paris by night video and then all the singers came out with a dance song, Bac Dau is very similar in a way. It's like saying see you again soon instead of bye bye. I'm looking forward to her next album.
Post #: 1
RE: Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback! - 6/30/2013 8:37:18 PM   
tallnlankyrn

This album is OUTSTANDING!!! I had high expectations and this album definitely exceeded them! I have been listening to it on repeat, every song is catchy and absolutely enjoyable. Is it too soon to ask for another Anh Minh album???? I dont think so!! LOL

(in reply to Boy_tahn)
Post #: 2
RE: Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback! - 7/5/2013 11:36:49 AM   
Ezboii

She's alright. I like her too but ca live khong duoc hay cho lam.

(in reply to tallnlankyrn)
Post #: 3
RE: Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback! - 7/5/2013 4:55:43 PM   
puppyLo16

Sounds like "He About to Loose Me"? I love that song!!! I'm sold! gonna get a copy :)

Check this out!

http://mnnlo.blogspot.com/
http://www.vietpopstars.com

(in reply to Ezboii)
Post #: 4
RE: Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback! - 7/6/2013 7:20:08 AM   
boigeorge00

personally i don't think it sounds like HATLM but that's just me. Wouldn't be surprised tho since AM is one of britney's biggest fans

(in reply to puppyLo16)
Post #: 5
RE: Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback! - 7/12/2013 10:26:30 PM   
puppyLo16

I listen to the album for a few days now and I honestly have to say it's very solid and well thought out. I think she succeeds in bringing modernizing vietnamese pop music to the young generation that other singers weren't able to, besides Bao Han who's last album was incredibly fresh. The production doesn't have that typical dated pop sound from viet producers. This album has a very Selena Gomez "When the sun goes down" vibe to it, very uplifting, bright (like the title suggest). "Breaking Away" is a top hit, it even sounds like it can be in the american market if there wasn't any vietnamese lyrics in it. I agree with Boigeorge and it doesn't sound like HATLM at all as that song is very dark compared to this song. It sounds more like A Year Without Rain but I think maybe Tinh Yeu Vun Vu might borrow from Miss Spears as it sounds like Inside Out. I wouldn't comment on the paris by night songs since those songs I felt it was added in to keep cost down, something Thuy Nga seems to be doing like with MT's latest album but what I like it that it blends beautifully into the album as if it was made for it not for Paris By Night.

I have to give her kudos for making a record that feels new and makes vietnamese music feel cool to listen to. I hope Thuy Nga promotes her more because they got a shining star here. Especially since seems to be a one woman show, recording her own vocals, designing her own costumes, I guess working in Asia rubbed off on her since everyone there seems to be an audio engineer and songwriter.

Check this out!

(in reply to boigeorge00)
Post #: 6
RE: Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback! - 7/19/2013 11:23:43 AM   
Ezboii

One of the guy who works for Asia Production told me she left Asia because she couldn't compete with a new female singer, younger and better.

(in reply to puppyLo16)
Post #: 7
RE: Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback! - 7/19/2013 12:27:14 PM   
Asian_Love_Forever

Hahah, i wonder who is the "younger and better " new female singer over there. But a fact i know now is Anh Minh is SHINING on thuynga stage.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Ezboii

One of the guy who works for Asia Production told me she left Asia because she couldn't compete with a new female singer, younger and better.

PARIS BY NIGHT 111
RELEASING SOON....

(in reply to Ezboii)
Post #: 8
RE: Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback! - 7/22/2013 12:37:25 PM   
puppyLo16

quote:

ORIGINAL: Asian_Love_Forever

Hahah, i wonder who is the "younger and better " new female singer over there. But a fact i know now is Anh Minh is SHINING on thuynga stage.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Ezboii

I am very curious as well and surprised since I thought Anh Minh was one of Asia's strongest and most versatile artist out of their young pop singers, how she is able to sing young pop songs and then able to sing the classic old songs effortlessly. Oh well, their lost and TN's gain, I agree she's been delivering solid performances since her debut.

Check this out!

(in reply to Asian_Love_Forever)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Thúy Nga Online] >> [Default Category] >> Thúy Nga Products >> Anh Minh's Sunrise - Feedback! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode